In these uncertain times people are actively seeking answers to problems ranging from job loss to foreclosure. If you need some magical guidance from powers and beings, a question circle may be just the ticket for you.
A question circle is a magical ritual where you ask for help and guidance from the winds of the four directions. It's a simple ritual and you only need a few tools which you can pick up at your local supermarket.
Here's what you'll need: a sun yellow candle on a plate or in glass, paper or wooden matches, pen, and paper. You may also need a compass to help you figure out the cardinal directions of east, south, west, and north.
How to Do a Magical Question Circle
Once you've gathered your materials and have located the cardinal directions, light your yellow candle with your matches. Then, follow the steps below.
1) Bring your candle, pen, and paper to the east quarter of your circle. Sit facing the outside of the circle (facing east). Ask the Winds of Knowledge what you need to know about your situation, and get quite inside as you wait for the answer. Be prepared to write down everything that comes to you. Don't think about it, just write. Keep writing until you no longer receive information. Thank the Winds of Knowledge and move to the next step.
2) Move to the south, and sit facing south. Ask the Winds of Power to show you what actions you need to take for your situation. Again, write any answers that come to you. Thank the Winds of Power.
3) Move to the next quarter, in the west, and sit facing west. Ask the Winds of Feeling what emotional shifts you need to make regarding your situation. In addition, you may want to ask for spiritual enlightenment. Thank the Winds of Feeling, and then move to the next quarter.
4) Move to the north, and sit facing north. Ask the Winds of Strength how you can build a foundation for the future you want. Ask for practical guidance about your situation. Thank the Winds of Strength.
5) Finally, move back to the center of your circle and sit facing east. Read through the answers that have come to you from each direction. Slowly digest the information. You may want to repeat the question circle several times, at different times, until you get clarity on your situation.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Photo credit: circles