Do you ever find yourself struggling to find the motivation to go about your day and get things done? All of us find ourselves procrastinating some point in our lives and more so during the sunny summer season that makes you just want to take a siesta. Well today I will be sharing with everyone a simple magickal recipe from the newest edition of the Kitchen Table Magick Series, NoCrastination Magick!
This recipe is called the Placemat Exercise. It will help you start off your day productively without feeling overwhelming!
The Placemat Exercise
Time Required: 15 Minutes
- A paper and pen or pencil
- A quiet place and some time to be alone
- Start with a clean sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle of the paper.
- To the left of the line write "Things I Want to Be, Do or Have Today".
- To the right of the line write "Things I Want the Universe to Bring Me Today".
- Then start writing on the left side of the paper all the things you really want to be, do, or have. This is not a to-do list for the day, so don't write things you have to do or should do or that you don't want to do. Only write down things that inspire you, that you are anticipating with joy, or that are pleasing to you.
- After you've taken a few minutes to write on the left, switch to writing on the right side of the page. Write what you want the Universe to do for you today or to bring you. This could be things you feel you have no control over, things you don't want to do but are required to for some reason, or things you don't even want to think about. You might ask for the Universe to bring you inspiration or willingness to face and do these things or ask the Universe to take care of those things for you or you might just ask for being joyful or peaceful for whatever situations you have to face today.
- After you have finished the lists on both the left and the right side of the paper, take 17 seconds to focus on each item on the list with a feeling of pure positive emotion. Envision those things you want being a reality and already yours, focus on the vision of those things you weren't so wild about already completed and out of the way. Just beam with positive energy and emotion for those 17 seconds and you'll find the rest of your day will be more carefree and less stressful.
There you have it! A quick and easy way to start off your productive day with a little help from the Universe! Be sure to thank the Universe for helping you out!
If you want to find more recipes to help you overcome your procrastination, check out the NoCrastination Magick book on Amazon!