But what do you do for those times when you just can't seem to make even a small change in how you think or feel about a situation or person? For most of us, our jobs make up a large percentage of where we spend our time and energy. We are invested in our work situations and of course have a preference for things to go smoothly. When a sudden change of personnel, ways of doing things, policies, procedures or anything else that directly affects us happens at work, it can be very stressful and cause panic. For these times, having a couple of simple magical techniques to rid yourself of those fire energies that panic, stress, anxiety, and anger are symptoms of can help get us to the point where we can start making those small changes in thoughts and feelings.
Grounding Out Fire Energy
Here is a story that is one of many you will find in our first Kindle book, Learn How to Do Witchcraft Rituals and Spells with Your Bare Hands. This story is from one of our former students and it offers a simple magical solution to dealing with Fire energy. In this case he was dealing with anger, but this same magical technique can be used with any Fire energy, so anxiety, panic, and stress can all be dealt with in this way.
I had recently begun taking the Basic Magic class to learn new paradigms in my observation of "reality." I was hoping it would offer me more options and choices in my life.
One of the best techniques I learned was how to safely ground out Fire energy, which often manifests, for me, in the form of anger. One day, when I was nearing explosion in an argument with my wife, rather than continue on that path toward rage, I tried a magical technique to ground out anger.
I stretched out on the floor, put my bare feet on the stove/range, and flowed red/orange (anger) out of me and into the stove until I felt very different. Afterward, I felt much calmer. I was able to think, "Okay, I don't need to blow up in anger. There are lots of other choices." I did not escalate the fight any further.
The change was wonderful. It was a change as much in the energy as in the dialogue with my wife. My wife is really sensitive to energy. After I had flowed out the red/orange, she said, "OK, something is different." We ended up tabling the discussion for later instead of continuing the fight.
I was so glad that we learned to ground out anger by sending that energy into a major electrical appliance like the refrigerator or the stove/range. I did not actually feel the anger leave me, but suddenly I felt the effect of it leaving. At first, I was steaming mad, but the floor and range were cold. During the flowing process, suddenly I felt a sensation like, "Ahhhh..." and the anger left me.
If I told my friends about this experience, they would laugh so hard and ask me, "What planet are you from?" I really don't care! These magical practices work great!Rooting
When you go into panic mode or it feels like life is "falling apart", another useful magical solution is Rooting. This magical technique is simple, quick and takes really no magical background or knowledge to do. Rooting is a way to connect with Mother Earth. Situations that cause panic and anxiety are filled with Air, Fire, and Water energies. This combination often lends itself to fear, reactivity, negativity, and other junky emotions. Taking on Earth energy helps stabilize you, mineralize your body and balance out these other elemental energies. Here's how to do a simple rooting ritual.
1. Sit or stand, whichever is more comfortable for you as long as your feet are on the ground. You will extend "roots" from the bottom of your feet so they need to have good contact with the ground.
2. Extend your roots out of your feet, through the carpet or tile, into the sub floor and down into the Earth. Just visualize in your mind's eye or "see" roots growing from your feet and reaching into the Earth. If you are in a multi-level building, you will need to go through each level until you reach the Earth. If you are wearing shoes with thick soles, you may have to extend the roots out the sides of your shoes to avoid the soles.
3. Once your roots reach the Earth, keep extending them down through the topsoil and deeper layers until you reach bedrock. You will feel the bedrock as a more solid sensation than burrowing through the soil.
4. When you reach bedrock, dig your roots in, and lock them in.
5. Be aware of your breathing and with each exhalation, push excess tension, anger, frustration, sadness, distraction, or other unwanted energies through your roots into the bedrock. The Earth will easily accept these energies.
6. As you inhale, pull up minerals and energies from the Earth for stability and balance.
7. Once you feel relaxed and nourished, pull your roots back up into your body. Just see the roots retracting and going back into your feet. If you stand up or move your feet without pulling in your roots, you will feel a slight "popping" sensation, and your body might be sore for a few days. Pull your roots totally back into your feet before walking away or picking up your feet.
Changes and the stress or anxiety they bring happen to all of us at some point in life. You don't have to live with it though. Take control of your own life, thoughts and feelings with these simple magical strategies. You will find lots more simple magical techniques like these in our Kindle Witchcraft Spell Books series that will give you the magical solutions to get what you want out of life.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.