The goal of this exercise is to practice using your Spirit abilities instead of just your 5 physical senses to gather information. It involves the practice of reading people that you don't know. This is a good exercise to do anytime you are in a public place and have a little time. If you don't get out often, then you could also turn on your TV, turn the sound off and practice reading the people you see on the TV. Either way, don't get hung up on your results, how correct or incorrect you might be and don't feel that you need to verify your results by consulting with the people you observe. It is merely for practice to get you started tuning in with and using your Spirit abilities. The more you practice using these Spirit abilities, the better you will get at accessing information psychically and the more you will develop psychic abilities.
Exercise to Develop Psychic Abilities
- Go to a public location (or turn on TV with sound off) and have a pen, paper and a watch or timer that you can use. Airports, malls, parks, diners or coffee shops and restaurants are all good places that usually have a lot of different people you can observe.
- Sit in a comfortable location where you can write, see people and see your timer.
- Pick one person to start with that you will observe.
- Watch that person for 30 seconds. Don't think about what you see at this point. Just make observations about the person. Watch how they walk, what they are wearing, who they are with, facial expressions, gestures they use, tones of voice, accents and anything else you can see or impressions you get from them.
- Now set your timer for 30 seconds and start writing as fast as you can. Remember you only have 30 seconds. Write anything and everything that comes to you about that person whether it is something you directly observe or not. Don't pause or stop to think about what you are writing; just write.
- It is generally easiest to begin writing those things that you observed with your physical 5 senses as a place to get you started. This would be like hair color, smells you observed, a tone of voice and other similar observations. Once you get going writing these things very fast and not stopping to think, you will find other types of information in your writing, such as certain personality traits, likes and dislikes, family connections and things that you are not able to gather through your physical 5 senses. At this point your Spirit abilities have kicked in and yes you do have them, you just haven't practiced using them.
- Getting your mind out of the way helps to open the pathways for your Spirit abilities. There's no mysterious secret, you just need to practice using these types of senses that you have and don't normally use in your everyday life in order to develop psychic abilities.
- After you finish writing about the first person you chose for 30 seconds, put that paper away and pick another person to observe and start the same process again.
- Repeat the procedure until you have observed 10 people over a 5 minute period.
Here's an example of what you might have written:
"Woman, long hair, stylishly dressed, has children, loves to read, has a sister, works in a professional job, originally from the South or has some type of Southern connection, doesn't spend much time outdoors, very empathetic, around 30 years old, likes country music, has blue eyes, friendly personality but not someone you'd want to be on her bad side, can be very generous with her time but a bit stingy with giving money, likes jewelry especially gold, is confident, likes the color blue and wears it a lot, is an animal lover, has recently lost someone close to her."You'll see that many of the things written about this woman were observed with the physical 5 senses such as that she is a woman and has long hair, her age, and her eye color. Then there is other information that cannot be observed with the 5 senses such as that she is generous with her time but not her money or that she has recently lost someone close to her. Some of the things in the paragraph above may or may not have been accessed with the physical 5 senses according to the situation and what the woman was doing while you watched her, but you can definitely see that some things slipped in through the Spirit abilities too. The more you practice this exercise, the more things of that nature you will see showing up in your writing.
Again, it doesn't matter if your descriptions are right or wrong, there is no right or wrong in this exercise. It is merely practice at using your Spirit abilities and getting your mind out of the way for these abilities to engage. The more you practice, the better chance you have to develop psychic abilities that you naturally have but haven't exercised. So get practicing and give those psychic abilities a good workout to keep them working strong for you. At some point you will find this type of information very useful and it's a lot of fun finding you have this magical skill.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.