This month's Book of the Month is A is for Answer Magick! We thought it would be fun to share part of the Navajo beauty way, which usually consists of 3 parts: Exit Ritual, Day Greetings and Day Endings and the Walking Litany. Today we are going to be going over the Exit Ritual, one of the ways to establish an ongoing connection with higher beings. If this interested you, make sure to check out our Answer Magick eBook!
- A desire to overcome any embarrassment factor or self-consciousness when doing this ritual in public
- A spirit of being open to communications in whatever form they may come
- Anytime you go outside or leave an enclosed area such as a building or your car, take a few moments to pause.
- As you pause, put your focus up into the sky and say aloud, "Sky Above" or “Sky Father.” (To start you can mouth the words and say them in your mind if you are self-conscious in public).
- Keep your awareness up above, while at the same time extending your focus into the earth and say aloud, "And Earth Below" or “And Earth Mother.”
- Last, keep your awareness both above and below, say aloud, "I Greet You”.
- Continue pausing to see what happens. You may have a message from within such as a new realization, a change in attitude or belief or a new awareness or there may be a change in the environment around you such as a sudden breeze or an animal appearing or you could get a particular message you “hear” from Sky Father or Earth Mother giving you guidance or answering a question you have.
How to Use the Results of Your Recipe
You may notice results in just that moment or it may happen throughout the day. It may change the quality of your day, your awareness, or guidance that appears in unexpected ways. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can also use hand gestures along with this ritual. When addressing Sky Father, raise your arms in an upward facing V and when addressing Earth Mother move your arms down in a downward facing V.”