One of the first things to do in awakening the Spirit senses is to get in touch with your inner silence so that you will be able to hear information the Universe sends you. This recipe gets you started on preparing your senses to receive information by engaging in a practice of meditation. If you are interested in more ways to awaken your Spirit senses, check out more recipes in the S is for Spirit Magick eBook.
- Comfortable place to sit
- (Optional) candle, incense, or essential oils
- At least 15 minutes of quiet, uninterrupted time
- For at least 15 minutes, sit in a comfortable position with closed eyes, hands in your lap with right hand cradled in the left.
- While you are aware of your thoughts, remain unattached from them. Be aware especially of your sensations.
- If you have trouble relaxing, try lighting a candle to center your concentration, burn soothing incense, diffuse essential oils, or sit near a running fountain.
- Now begin feeling your natural breathing as the breath moves in and out of your body. Don't force your breathing or change it any way, just feel and be aware of your body's own natural breaths.
- As you become aware of thoughts popping up in your mind, let them pass through without focusing your attention on them. Think of this as sitting on a shoreline watching boats pass by. If you find your attention drawn to one thought in particular or find yourself hopping on that boat to explore, get off and return to shore. Simply return your focus to your breathing and let the thought pass by.
- After at least 15 minutes of sitting in this manner you can get up and end your meditation time.
If you are interested in hearing how to use the results of this recipe and other ways of being more in tune with your Spirit Senses, please check out our S is for Spirit Magick book on Amazon!