No bird. That's word for word a quote from an email I recently received from a buddy of mine who knew I practiced magic. He knew he needed some supernatural help so he contacted me. A lot of people need magical help right now, which is great because it increases the amount of magic being practiced in the world.
So how does someone like my buddy, who knows very little about magic, get the magical help he needs ... right now?
The Magic Ritual of Getting Grounded
Recently I've been ranting about how doing very simple daily magic rituals is one of the keys to weathering the ups-and-downs of the current world change. You could almost just pick a magic ritual, any ritual, and as long as you did it consistently and faithfully, you'd get results. That's because there is a lot of magical energy up for grabs right now (there always is during a world change) so almost any magical ritual produces results.
But the more I think about it, the more I believe that grounding rituals are going to be very effective during this time. Any magic ritual that grounds you, and connects you with the element Earth, will help you weather the storm.
Now why is this? Because there's already a lot of Air, Fire, and Water energies zinging around, and these combined energies can often lead to fear, reactivity, negativity, and other junky emotions. Magically, these three elements represent the following:
Air = thinking, planning, communication. In a highly-charged situation, this could lead to arguments, negative thoughts, or plans for revenge.
Fire = movement, action, desire, will. If you are stressed, increasing your Fire energy by doing a Fire-based magic ritual could lead to road rage, frenetic but useless action, or a fist-fight.
Water = emotions, feelings. If you already feel down about your situation, doing a magic ritual that is too watery can make you feel even bluer, and trigger negative emotions.
The Importance of Earth-based Magic Rituals
That's why using magic rituals that connect you with the Earth element, which is grounding and stabilizing, is so important during these times. Earth reminds us that we are human "beings" and not human "doings" since one of the characteristics of the Earth element is "serenity of beingness."
So if you need some magic, right now, to start stabilizing your life, try this grounding magic ritual, called Rooting. With it, you can literally dump all your negative emotions and thoughts, as well as stabilize your sense of self. As a bonus, this ritual can be done just about anytime, anywhere, as long as you are still. It's not an obvious ritual, so you can do it at your desk, during a board meeting, or sitting on your couch. It's simple, it works, and it's convenient. How much better could you get when it comes to a good magic ritual?
How to Ground Yourself Magically with Rooting
Rooting is great technique for flowing earth energies deep into the ground, releasing excess energies of any kind, pulling earth energies into the body and mineralizing the body.
- Place your palms or heels on the ground. These are the parts of your body from which you will extend "roots."
- Extend your roots out of your body, through the carpet or tile, into the sub floor and down into the earth. Just imagine or "see" roots growing from your palms or heels and reaching into the earth. If you are in a multi-level building, you will need to go through each level until you reach the earth. If you are wearing shoes with thick soles, you may have to extend the roots out the sides of your shoes to avoid the soles.
- Once your roots reach the earth, keep extending them down through the topsoil and deeper layers until you reach bedrock. You will feel the bedrock as a more solid sensation than burrowing through the soil.
- When you reach bedrock, dig your roots in and lock them in.
- With each exhalation, push excess tension, anger, frustration, sadness, distraction, or other unwanted energies through your roots into the bedrock. The Earth will easily accept these energies.
- With every inhale, pull up minerals and energies from the earth for stability and balance.
- Once you feel relaxed and nourished, pull your roots back up into your body. Just see the roots retracting and going back into your body. If you stand up without pulling in your roots, you'll feel a slight "popping" sensation and your body might be sore for a few days.
- This is a very simple but highly useful magic ritual during times like these. I suggest doing this ritual at least once per day to relieve daily tension and negativity.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.