Bestowing blessings on another is a great way to spread magic, positive energies, and do a pay-it-forward. Blessing magic is just what it sounds like - any ritual that includes a blessing. For instance, in ritual we often bless people with smoke from the Firebowl and Water from the Chalice with a blessing such as "For the peace of your mind, and for the joy of your heart." We also bless new homes and old objects to clean out junky energies and invite harmonious energies to enter. Blessing also invites higher beings (angels and totem spirits and Spirit guides) into our lives to help us. Blessings given to another set the intention to receive blessings back on yourself. One example of a blessing ritual you can do individually or as part of a ceremony or formal ritual is the Nighttime Blessing Ritual. Try it out for yourself.
Nighttime Blessing Ritual
To perform this ritual you will need a Chalice (magical Water element tool), sea salt and spring water. Here's how to do it.
1. Hold the chalice with both hands in front of you and flow water blue energy from one hand to the other, through the chalice. Continue until the chalice becomes warm or tingly. This "keys" the Chalice to the person holding it.
2. Pour spring water into the Chalice until it is halfway full and add a pinch of sea salt to it. Swirl the mixture in the Chalice in a clockwise direction.
3. Blow water blue energy into the chalice while swirling the water and salt mixture clockwise. Then say this verse out loud blowing water blue energy into the chalice and swirling the water clockwise after each line:
"Water and earth where you are cast,
Let no spell nor adverse purpose last.
Bless these people and bless their space,
Far from here send baneful trace."
The Chalice is now "charged."
4. Holding the chalice in your left hand, face the first person you will be blessing. Dip your right index finger into the water and draw a vertical line down the center of the person's forehead. The line should be 1 to 1.5 inches long.
5. Now dip your finger in the water again and draw a horizontal line of the same length from left to right through the center of the first line, forming a cross.
6. Then, starting at the right end of the horizontal line, draw a clockwise circle, touching both ends of both lines. As you draw the circle and say to the person, "For the peace of your mind."
7. Repeat the same procedure on the person's chest over their heart. As you draw the circle, say, "For the joy of your heart."
8. Ask the person to take a sip of water from the Chalice and as they sip, say, "And for the health of your body."
9. If there are two people participating in the ritual, reverse roles and repeat the process. If there are many people, one person can bless everyone, and then one person in the group blesses the first person.
Try out this ritual for yourself at the end of the day or anytime you feel the need for harmony, peace and blessings in your life. You will find this ritual and many other simple magical techniques using magical tools in our Kindle book Learn How to Do Witchcraft Rituals and Spells with Magical Tools.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.