So the question inevitably comes to mind: "Then where's my stuff?" If the Universe always delivers, why didn't you win the PowerBall Lotto or marry your soul mate on Valentine's Day?
Good question. The answer is pretty simple, although not particularly easy to do.
Getting Out of the Way
When you ask the Universe for anything, from a job promotion to the resolution of a chronic health problem, the Universe immediately goes to work and begins pulling the necessary pieces together to manifest your desire. Then depending on the nature of your request (and the complications involved), the Universe will take a variable amount of time to deliver your wish.
In the meantime, what are you supposed to do? There are two options. If you are one of those rare people who can request help from the Universe and then sit back quietly and patiently to wait for the manifestation, then go ahead and just chill. Wait patiently for the Universe, perhaps using meditation as a way to stay calm and quiet.
And then there are the rest of us who also practice various forms of meditation, but may end up doing something mentioned by folk singer Chuck Pyle called Tantrum Yoga (a form of tantric yoga gone astray). In this form of yoga you just hold your breath until the Universe gives you your way. Sounds perfect for those of us who are prone to tantrums anyway, right?
Well, in case neither of the above forms of staying out of the way while the Universe works, consider this third option, which proves to be more effective for more people (excluding those who can hold their breath for hours!).
A Fun Basic Spell While You Wait for the Universe
This basic spell combines items from a number of different tribal traditions, including a verbal litany candle magick, and a magickal talisman. For this spell, you will need the following items:
- a bright yellow candle with no orange or reddish undertones (this is also called a Sun Candle)
- a plate for fire safety with the candle or use a candle enclosed in glass
- wooden or paper matches
- a talisman that symbolizes your request to the Universe (and is small enough to carry around all day)
- a pen and notebook to record your magickal work (also called a Book of Shadows)
- a compass to find the exact location of the cardinal directions
1. Locate the four cardinal directions by using your compass outdoors. Compasses do not give accurate readings indoors as there is too much electro-magnetic interference. Once you have located all the directions, go back in your house and clear a small circular space.
2. Bring all of your materials and sit in the South of the circle, placing your items in front of you.
3. Place your Sun Candle in front of you (on the plate if necessary) and light the candle with a wooden or paper match. Do not use a lighter as lighter fluid has unwanted energies.
4. Once the flame of the candle is burning tall and bright (called a working flame), cup your hands around the flame and say the following litany in a voice of command:
"Child of Wonder
Child of Flame
Nourish My Spirit
And Bring My Aim"
5. Now hold your talisman in your dominant hand (the hand you use to point). As you hold the talisman, focus on the energy of having your manifestation. Focus on how you will feel each day when you wake up and your wish has manifested in your life. Flow all the positive and joyful energy you can access into the talisman. When the talisman feels charged, hot, energized, heavy or simply different, the talisman is keyed to your desired manifestation.
6. Now place the talisman next to or around the candle (an example might be using a talisman that is a heart locket on a chain) and say the following verse in a voice of command:
"Child of Wonder
Child of Flame
Energize This Talisman
With Magick Untamed
Each Time I Touch This Talisman
The Energies of Mundane and Magickal Combine
My Energies Through the Talisman Aid
This Spell That Manifests My Desires So Fine."
7. Leave the talisman near the burning Sun Candle (perhaps on a plate or in the sink for safety) for 30 minutes. Then blow out the candle and carry the talisman with you all day. Whenever you feel doubt about the Universe delivering on the manifestation, touch your talisman for a magickal boost. Similarly, when you feel positive and happy, flow that energy into the talisman to add energy to your spell matrix.
8. You may repeat the charging of the talisman at any time, and many people like to repeat this process a few times to fully energize the spell matrix.
As with all magickal acts, enjoyment is key. Enjoy every moment from choosing your talisman to energizing it. This kind of magick is basic, simple, fun, and effective.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.