Thursday, July 14, 2016

Amazingly Practical Uses for Magical Self Defense

When thinking about magical self defense, most people immediately think of using magic in a situation where they are being physically attacked. That is part of it, but really how often do most of us encounter a physical attack? There are many other situations that occur much more frequently where magical self-defense comes in handy. For example, if you are in a situation where a lot of negative criticism or advice is being thrown at you, you find yourself the target for someone else's anger or rage, or you are under psychic attack like someone thinking bad thoughts about you or wishing you harm. These are all situations that occur much more frequently and that we all have to deal with in families, work, social situations and relationships from time to time.

Clarissa Pinkola Estes said, "If you have beauty in your life, know that it will attract the dark as well as the light. Don't be surprised. BE PREPARED." That means if you engage in any type of magical practice you are open to attack from negative forces. And like she says, don't be surprised, just be prepared.

Our Magical Self Defense course is one way to get prepared. This course teaches when it is appropriate and when it is not to use magical self defense techniques, how to control any situation, how to protect your sacred space, how to neutralize physical and psychic attacks and how to deflect and diffuse anger and negativity. Here's the way one of our self defense students put it:

"The Magical Self Defense Course gives me the confidence to take care of myself in any situation, even a life threatening one. This course teaches me how to take care of weird neighbors, violent attackers, energy sucking "vampires" and other creatures of the 21st century. The best method of Self Defense is to live with your intention set on avoiding encounters with life's ugly little mutants, but it is also comforting to know that you have a little lightning up your sleeve if you need it."

Real Life Self Defense Magically
Here's a little magical self defense story one of our students shared with us that we'd like to share with you.

"My mother drives me crazy with her negativity and criticisms. Since I started studying magic, I have dealt with a lot of past issues around being raised in such a negative environment, being constantly reminded how my life choices have been a disappointment to my family, how I have not lived up to what they perceive is my potential, and that everything I say or do is either silly or wrong according to her. This was a huge source of stress for me because on the one hand I didn't want to completely be cut-off from my mother, after all she is my mother. But I couldn't stand the negativity anymore and being on the magical path I was pursuing was not an energetic match with this type of negative energy. Then I learned how to create and use protection shields. The first time I visited my mother with an omnil put up around me keyed to deflect negative energy and criticism, I was truly amazed at the results. I could almost see the criticisms being hurled at me and bouncing off the walls of my omnil. Being in this sacred space, I was able to see my part in the interactions with my mother over the years and the fuel that I added to feed this fire. Being in the omnil allowed me to maintain my sacred space and practice a different type of response and interaction. I can't say that it happened all at once or even within a few weeks. But as I maintained my positive stance and a more self-confident air, my mother's attitude towards me began to change. Instead of allowing her to guilt me or make me feel bad about myself, I can honestly turn to her and say calmly things like, "I'm sorry you feel that way about me" or "It must be really hard for you to feel so disappointed in your daughter". These type of statements would make her stop and think about the words she was using and how hurtful they came across. As my energy frequency in our interactions have changed, hers have changed to match them and she has become much less critical and negative towards me. Perhaps the reflection from my omnil has allowed her to view me and our relationship in a new light. Or perhaps it's just the magic principle that like attracts like and as my energy changed hers either had to change to match it or she'd have to move out of my space. It gives me hope to see hers changing and to know that she doesn't want to lose our relationship any more than I do."

We hope you enjoyed this story as much as we did and that you can find ways in your life that a little magical self defense can help. Learning self defense techniques is easy and fun and will help you be prepared the next time you encounter a situation that threatens you or your sacred space.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment, complaint, compliment, rant or rave? Tell us!