#1 - Magic and Spells: Disconnect Litany
This is a way to regain personal power and not bind yourself to any outside power that can affect how you feel. It allows you to disconnect from the stream of consciousness you have been in and step into another.
- Pause to reflect on your situation, see a picture of what your day is like.
- Keeping this picture in your mind say this litany aloud:
"I am neither your creature nor your get#2 - Magic and Spells: Day Greeting
to be ruled by your whim nor your let
I will go my own way
by night or by day
to serve my own purposes yet!"
Starting off the day with a Day Greeting puts you in contact with Sky Father and Earth Mother (and winds of the 4 directions if you include them). It gives you access to the guidance of higher powers and beings. You can include asking these higher powers to be with you through out the day for help on a specific situation you know you will be facing or just to be with you in general for guidance and to share their wisdom. Whether or not you do Day Greetings as a daily ritual, you can always use day greetings to restart your day when it has gotten off to a bad start. Anytime you want to start your day or start it over, just go outside and do one of the following versions.
Simple Version -
- Stand outside facing to the east,
- Raise your arms and hands to towards the sky (making a V shape) and say "Sky Father, I bid you good morning"
- Lower your arms and hands, maintaining the V shape, towards the ground and say "And Earth Mother, I bid you good morning".
- Address all four of the directions by holding your arms out towards the direction you are facing
- Start with facing East and say, "Winds of Knowledge (or Winds of the East), I bid you good morning"
- Lower arms and turn to the South, raise arms and say, "Winds of Power (or Winds of the South), I bid you good morning"
- Lower arms and turn to the West, raise arms and say "Winds of Feeling" (or Winds of the West), I bid you good morning"
- Lower arms and turn to the North, raise arms and say "Winds of Strength" (or Winds of the North), I bid you good morning"
- Lower arms and turn to the East again and do as above in simple version with Sky Father and Earth Mother
Literally spin your problems away with this simple pendulum technique. This is good for
clearing problems or snags in your day.
- Hold your pendulum in your dominant hand, letting it dangle while you visualize the problem you want to clear.
- Ask your pendulum, "Can I, May I, Should I, clear this situation?" If you get a yes answer from your pendulum, then move forward. You can use an indicator plate with a circle that has yes on one side and no on the other to get this answer.
- Begin swinging your pendulum in a counter clockwise direction, asking it to clear the situation. As you do this, "see" the situation resolving in your mind. Be very specific with your request and what you envision as to the situation being resolved.
- Continue to focus on clearing the situation until your pendulum stops spinning in the counter clockwise direction. It will then either start moving along a vertical or horizontal axis, stop or start spinning clockwise. When it stops swinging on its own then the problem has been cleared.
- Once a problem has been cleared you can of course always choose to bring it back. Trust the power of your pendulum and your intent and release the problem from your consciousness. If you find it seeping back into your consciousness throughout the day, change your focus to something else.
#4 - Magic and Spells: Come Back to Present
We often spend time in either the past wondering how we could have done things differently or in the future worrying about things that haven't happened yet. The only time period that has any real power however is the present. Magic exists most strongly in the present and it is indeed the only period in which we have the personal power to make changes. (Remember the magical principle – a small change in the present can make a large change in the future). To get your day back on track, bring yourself back into being fully present in the present. Here's how.
- Look at yourself in a mirror. Really stare into your eyes and connect with yourself.
- In a strong voice of command, say to yourself: "Come to present time!"
- You may have to repeat this command up to three times, and then you will feel yourself coming back into the "now." In the present, all things are possible.
If you are really off track and your day seems chaotic or you feel chaotic inside, you can ask for help from higher powers to help you find inner and outer peace and serenity. Using similar actions to doing the Day Greetings above, turn to each of the four directions and/or Sky Father, Earth Mother and declare your wish for inner and outer peace and serenity today. Start in the east and address each direction by some characteristic it possesses, ie.- East: Winds of Knowledge. Take your time when doing this and extend your perceptions out as far as you can to each direction. Breathe deeply and feel the presence of these higher powers.
Bad days can always be made right through inviting magic into your life. Next time you find yourself having a "bad hair day" just pick one or more of these magical remedies to get yourself headed back to your joy.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader or email. Or, visit our website for more great resources.