The holidays are a time for blessings and goodwill among humanity. Have you got a special blessing, prayer, mantra, or "pay it forward" treat you'd like to share with the rest of the planetary citizens out there? We invite you to do so on our Facebook page. If you don't have any special blessings or prayers to share, then it's about time you got some in your life. Here is a blessing ritual we'll start the ball rolling with.
Nighttime Blessing Ritual
This doesn't have to be saved for night, but many people, couples and families like ending the day with this ritual each night before bedtime. It is a great ritual to incorporate into ceremonies or ritual circles or anytime you want to share peace, goodwill and blessings with others. You will need a Chalice (magical Water element tool), sea salt and spring water. Here's how it's done.
1. Holding the chalice with both hands in front of you flow water blue energy from one hand to the other, through the chalice. Continue until the chalice becomes warm or tingly. This "keys" the Chalice to the person holding it.
2. Pour spring water into the Chalice until it is halfway full and add a pinch of sea salt to it. Swirl the mixture in the Chalice in a clockwise direction.
3. Blow water blue energy into the chalice while swirling the water and salt mixture clockwise. In between each breath, say one line of the verse below:
"Water and earth where you are cast,At the end of the verses, blow water blue energy into the chalice and swirl the water one last time. The Chalice is now "charged."
Let no spell nor adverse purpose last.
Bless these people and bless their space,
Far from here send baneful trace."
4. Holding the chalice in your left hand, face the first person you will be blessing. Dip your right index finger into the water and draw a vertical line down the center of the person's forehead. The line should be 1 to 1.5 inches long.
5. Now dip your finger in the water again and draw a horizontal line of the same length from left to right through the center of the first line, forming a cross.
6. Then, starting at the right end of the horizontal line, draw a clockwise circle, touching both ends of both lines. As you draw the circle and say to the person, "For the peace of your mind."
7. Repeat the same procedure on the person's chest over their heart. As you draw the circle, say, "For the joy of your heart."
8. Ask the person to take a sip of water from the Chalice and as they sip, say, "And for the health of your body."
9. If there are two people participating in the ritual, reverse roles and repeat the process. If there are many people, one person can bless everyone, and then one person in the group blesses the first person. You can also do this blessing magic ritual on yourself or with your pets.
I hope you have a blessed new year in store for you and a joyous winter holiday season in whatever traditions you practice. I hope you can use this blessing ritual to get off to a good start and would love to hear your experiences shared on our Facebook page.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.