Luckily, there is a magickal fix for those times when you find yourself flat on your back, having been the victim of a universal hit between the eyes. Whether you just broke up unexpectedly with your significant other, lost your job, suffered a car wreck, or any of the other curve balls that life can throw at you, chances are that you are out of touch with your personal power. You can't have access to your personal power if you feel depressed, shocked, victimized, or otherwise lacking in confidence. Personal power is diametrically opposed to those negative states. The most obvious step, then, would be to get into a more positive feeling place.
Right. Good luck with that. If you are like most people, when you throw a good pity party, getting into a positive frame of mind is the last thing you feel like you can achieve. Misery loves company, and if you have invited other people to your pity party who also feel depressed, chances are that you will not be able to climb out of your present negative state without help.
The Walking Ritual: A Magickal Antidote for the Pity Party
The Walking Ritual is just what it sounds like: a walking magickal ritual during which you recite a mantra in cadence with your steps. The Walking Litany is a form of a continuous spell that surrounds you and affects you as long as you are walking and speaking the mantra in cadence with your steps. From a magickal point of view, a practitioner looking at you as you do the Walking Litany would see a shimmering shield around yourself and encompassing your aura. This simple spell will reconnect you with your personal power, which is your knowledge (your experience and your observation) plus your control plus your responsibility. Once you are back in contact with your personal power, then you have access to the resourceful parts of yourself. One third of your personal power is responsibility. Magickally, we call it your "respond-ability." In other words, your personal power allows you to use your knowledge in a controlled manner to respond to the unexpected events that appear in your life.
How to Do the Magickal Walking Litany
The good news is that the Walking Litany, one of the three forms of the Navajo Beauty Way, is simple to do. Use the following directions to do this simple magickal spell:
1. Start by assessing yourself on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. This will be your baseline against which you can compare your state after you have done the Walking Litany.
2. Begin walking in a purposeful manner. Walk for at least two city blocks, or further if you desire. You do not need to walk in any specific direction, but ensure that you walk at least the length of two city blocks. You need this length of time to truly notice the effect of the Walking Litany.
3. As you walk, say the following litany in a voice of command and in cadence with your steps:
"With power around me, I walk in the world.
With power within me, I walk in the world.
This one carries power.
This one walks in power."
4. Repeat this litany as you walk until you have reached the end of your walk.
5. At the end of your walk, pause to once again assess your condition on all levels. In addition, evaluate the way you feel about the unexpected problem that has appeared in your life. You might also ask yourself the following questions, either generally or specifically with respect to the life event:
- What is different?
- What has changed?
- What is no longer present?
- What is new?
For more simple magical rituals and spells, check out our Witchcraft Spell Books series for Kindle.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.