About Magic Spells
Basically a magic spell is any psychic or magical operation that uses some combination of the four elements, air, fire, water and earth and programs factors into the energy matrix that is built using these elements to produce a certain result over a certain period of time. A magic spell is usually used when there are complex factors or barriers that have to be overcome to achieve the goal. Magic spells are not usually the first operation that magical practitioners turn to however since they require a bit more work and preparation and often a simpler magical technique will do. But in cases where we are not able to directly affect a situation with other magical techniques, a magic spell is well worth the extra effort it requires. Our students learn how to create magic spells in the third part of Basic Magic. Whereas you can go to this level just to learn about magic spells, it is recommended that you take Level 1 and Level 2 first so that you have a sound foundation of magical practice before attempting spellwork. Having this foundation not only helps you create a better spell from the perspective of understanding what elements will be helpful to build into the spell, it also helps keep you out of trouble with the Universe and avoid backlash should you build something into the spell unintentionally. After all the Universe doesn't care what you intended to do, only what you did do and will deliver accordingly. So for example, if you are creating a spell to receive a certain amount of money and neglect to include in your directors and limiters that no person will be harmed for that money to come to you, you may find yourself the beneficiary of a life insurance policy that a beloved family member has left you. The problem with this is that they had to die for you to get it. Maybe not what you intended.
Creating a Magic Spell
When beginning spellwork, it is a good idea to start with simple spells that would produce a small effect in a short time. Then as you see results from these type of spells and increase your experience with them, you can move on to magic spells that are more complicated, operate over a longer period of time to gain more force, and cover more complicated issues. Just to give you an idea of what all is involved with the creation of a magic spell, here is a list of the basic skills you should have before attempting to create a magic spell.
- Understanding of basic magical operational laws and how they work
- Basic working knowledge of the four elements and their characteristics and correspondences
- Knowing how to find the exact meanings of any words being used in a spell verse and choose appropriate ones
- Know how to think through creating directors and limiters for a spell to include specifics of what the spell should accomplish and protect against unwanted contingencies
- Have an understanding of how sonics works and how the spell can be affected by the tone of voice you use as well as the sounds used
- Have an understanding of various types of magic spell formats such as candle spells and Tarot spells and be able to choose which type will be the most effective in your situation
- Be able to use Tarot card readings to obtain information on what aspects may need to be included in a proposed spell, get information on if the spell will work as designed, to check up on your directors and limiters for the spell and to check up on the progress of the spell once it is launched
- Have an understanding of how to write effective spell verses
- If doing a candle spell, how to design and prepare the candle for carving and anointing and choose effective colors and symbols for it
- Know how to pick the timing for launching a magic spell according to astrological and other factors that can affect the spell
- Know how to record the spell in your Book of Shadows
- Know how to take a magic spell down should you need to in case something goes awry with it
As you can see there is quite a bit of preparation and work involved in creating a magic spell. You can also see why Basic Magic Level 1 and Level 2 are recommended before going on to Level 3 and starting spellwork. Having the foundation of lots of practice with the four elements and with magical tools will help get you ready for the tasks involved in creating a successful spell. And whereas a magic spell may take more work than other magical techniques and operations, there are times when it is necessary, can give you a real sense of achievement, and is just plain fun to do.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.
Image courtesy of koko-tewan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net