Ancient celebrations of the changing seasons often incorporated singing, dancing, and ritual. These celebrations often lasted for days clearing the old out of body, mind and spirit to make way for the new. The elders knew new creation could not occur otherwise. We find taking the time to use magic that works, invites magic into our lives and we don't have less time to get the things done that we feel we need to. Instead we find that there is magically enough time to get everything done and manifesting what we want comes easier. In today's times we understand it is hard to find days to have these types of celebrations. The good news is that we don't have to take days of ritual to honor the changing seasons, although if you have that kind of time it is very rewarding. Here are a few ways you might employ this shamanic secret of celebration and get some downtime to nourish your body, mind and spirit:
- Go camping to spend several days out in nature or at least spend several days going to take a long walk in the peace and quiet of the woods or a quiet park.
- Commit to turning off your phone, email and social media for a few days or at least one day.
- Perform a small ceremony for yourself or go all out and perform a more formal ritual in a full cast circle.
- Take some quiet time alone to write a gratitude list of things that have been in this phase of your life. Take time to read each one and individually express appreciation for each one while focusing on it.
- Make a list of those things you wish to let go of or release from your life. Focus your attention on each one as you visualize it moving away from you and then burn the list.
- Commit to doing a daily ritual such as the Day Greetings and Day Endings of the Navajo Beauty Way and do it every day for a few weeks. After seeing the results, you may decide to keep this one up all year.
- Learn a short yoga routine to do each morning in a quiet space or take that time each morning to doing a 10 minute meditation for a week or two.
These are just a few ideas to get you started thinking about taking some time off at the change of each season. You will become much healthier in body, mind and spirit by doing this and find that by inviting magic into your life in this way, your life will become more magical.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.