Spirit Guides: Asking for Help
In this society we are taught early and often that we need to "make" things happen. We learn from an early age that we have to physically create everything we want in life - with no help from angels, the Universe, or other powers and beings. While this attitude makes us motivated movers and shakers in the world, it also prevents us from accessing all the help that's available to us. If we feel we have to do everything ourselves, we won't ever ask for help. But what a waste if we don't.
Did you know that there is an angel helper for just about everything in life? Whether you want a new job, a new mate, to know how much salt you should put in your food, to save you a parking space at the mall, get that promotion you've been looking for, or just help you with a shift in your life, there is a Universal being just waiting to help you. Then there are your own personal guardian angels and guides that can help you and give you guidance. All you have to do is ask.
Spirit Guides: Working with Angels and Guides
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you start working with angels:
- You can be, do, and have everything and anything you want.
- The Universe in general, and angels specifically, are friendly, on your side and will help you succeed
- Be grateful first - you'll then receive
Part of an angel's job is to help us - they can't move on to the next level of their evolution unless they help us and they can't help us unless we ask. So there are groups of angels just waiting anxiously for us to ask them for their help. Do not take them for granted. Be sincere in your appreciation of them.
Also they can't go against your will unless you ask for that specifically. For instance, suppose you ask for an angel to help you get a job. If you are repeating negative thoughts in your head over and over about how you can't possibly get a job then the angel can't override that energy. However, you can request that one angel help you stop thinking so negatively about whether you will get a job and another angel to help you line up a job.
Most of us are so busy during the day that we have a hard time hearing the quiet dry voices of higher guidance. Whether we know it or not, these guides are speaking to us all the time. They are willing and eager to help us manifest what we want in life, but most of the time we just can't hear them over all the noise of cell phones, radio, television, and gossip.
Spirit Guides: How to Ask for Help
If you need the help of a guardian angel, here is a way to start the conversation and request help:
- Acknowledge they exist
- Let them know specifically what you need
- Wait for a response (which may sound like your own voice in your head or a song, or a phrase you hear or read...)
- Ask for the help you need (such as looking after your car on a long trip - be specific, such as no damage, no need to have maintenance on your car during the trip, always finding gas stations when you need it, etc.)
- Thank in advance
- Keep track of correspondence
- Record results as they happen
If you are not sure who your guardian angels or principle guides are, here is a meditation to help you find your principle guide. You may want to have someone read it aloud to you.
- To begin, first hold the idea, "I want to meet my principle guide and I ask him or her to appear."
- Put yourself in the place of inner silence, letting go of your analytical mind. As you begin to count backward from ten to one, allow yourself to slide from your habitual state of awareness down into an altered state of higher Spirit awareness.
- Ten, nine, eight ... feel sensation flowing strongly throughout your arms and legs.
- Seven, six, five ... feel your breathing become even, slow, and deep.
- Four, three, two ... notice your thoughts drifting away like the retreating surf follows a breaking wave.
- One ... become aware of your complete relaxation and notice that you are in a state of deep tranquility.
- Now become aware as your principle guide comes up behind you and stands very close. He or she bends down to whisper his or her name in your ear.
- When you hear the name of your guide, nod your head in acknowledgement. Let "You are welcome" be your only thought. Now invite your guide to appear before you, revealing his or her identity and resemblance.
- Allow yourself to be filled with appreciation for this presence who will always be available whenever you call.
- Finally, let go so that you may return to the world of form. Count upwards from one to five, becoming fully alert and active at the count of five. One, two, three, four, five. Now open your eyes and enter the present world of thought, material, mass, space, and time. Your experience of your guide will remain with you. Know that you are never alone except by choice.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Or, visit our website for more great resources.